Epi 56, 57, and 58 The Last Time We Saw Her by Robert Scott
Sweet Heat Bacon Guacamole
8 oz. bacon
Hot sauce (your choice)
Guacamole (bought or homemade)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, setting a wire rack over it. Coat the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Arrange bacon evenly on the rack, and sprinkle the tops liberally with brown sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the bacon is lightly browned, crisp, and the sugar has caramelized.
4. Let the bacon cool, then cut into bite-sized, small pieces.
5. Mix a splash of hot sauce (to taste) into guacamole. You can buy some or make your own, I bought!
6. Mix in 3/4 of the chopped candied bacon sprinkle the remaining bacon over the guacamole. Service with chips!
From: Recipe box from The Oregonian/Oregon Live
Our wine: Michaud Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2021, from my favorite wine club, Naked Wines! Winemakers Justin and Katy Michaud from Washington state, created this full-mouthed bright wine, light and crisp. You taste pineapple, green apple and– passionfruit- how different is that? There is a slight almond note onthe finish too, and it really complimented the sweet and hot of the guac. The regular price is $21.00, but if you join NakedWines, it’s $12.99.
Michaud Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2021
Post a Comment