6 ounces Shrimp (peeled, deveined, frozen or fresh doesn’t matter)
3 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 ½ Tbsp. thinly sliced scallion ( about 2 stalks of scallions)
1 ½ tsp. grated garlic
Generous amount of black pepper
Baguette or ciabatta bread (think crusty bread)
Basil- thinly slices
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice bread with a significant crust, cut in half horizontally; so, it’s about 1 inch thick.
3. Chop shrimp into small pieces- you can use those tiny shrimps as well, and even a food processor set to ‘coarse’.
4. Mix all the ingredients together including a generous amount of black pepper. Spread mix on the cut upside sides of the bread.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with slice fresh basil (the dry stuff works too) and parmesan cheese (optional)
Note: The amount of shrimp here covers a 6” x 8” slide of bread or 10-15 baguettes.