Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Monday, November 16, 2020
MURDER SHELF BOOK CLUB PODCAST
Gone at Midnight, the Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam by Jake Andersen
Episodes 17, 18, 19 (2ndCast) Sources
Billy Nilles, From the Black Dahlia to American Horror Story: Inside the Dark History of Los Angeles' Deadliest Hotel, Eonline.com, Feb 19, 2019.
Bryan Thomas, 'Dark Water: An unsettling supernatural Japanese psychodrama about a 'dead wet girl', Nightflight.com, August 1, 2017.
Charlotte Luo, Missing woman found dead in apartment block's water tank, The Standard, Hong Kong, December 4, 2018.
Denise Hamilton, A Serial Killer Who Crossed Continents, LA Times, Nov 27 2007.
Elisa Lam Tumblr Repost, October 16, 2020.
Hadley Meers, "The Suicide"-The Hotel Cecil and Means Streets of L.A.'s Nortorious Skid Row, History and Society, Kcet.org, Sept 29, 2015.
Jake Anderson, Gone at Midnight, the Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam, Citadel Press, Kensington Publishing Corp, New York, NY, 2020.
January 2013 Weather in Los Angeles, TimeandDate.com Dec 7, 2020.
Jennifer Smith, Police dogs pick up Elisa Lam's scent at a window leading to a fire escape after her naked dead body was found in a water tank in 2013- but her mysterious death a 'haunted' hotel continues to baffle investigators, Daily Mail, November 28, 2019.
John Lordan, Elisa Lam's Manipulated Elevator Video, Brainscratch, April 10, 2015.
John Lordan, Elisa Lam, In Other News, May 14, 2015.
Maritsa Georgiou, DNA Identifies killer in Missoula cold case 46 years later, NBC-Montana, October 26, 2020.
KC Baker, Montana Girl, 5, Was Abducted Near Home and Found Dead in a Drain--and Killed ID'd 46 Year Later, People Magazine, October 28, 2020.
Natasha Ishak, The Unsolved Mystery of Behind the Disturbing Death of Elisa Lam, AllThatsInteresting.com, April 5, 2019.
Negligence Law Suit dismissed, NBCcloseLosAngeles.com, December 14, 2015.
Philip Carlo, The Life and Crimes of Richard Ramirez, The Night Stalker, Citadel Press, New York, New York 2006.
Rebecca Pocklington, CyberSleuths: We're 'armchair detectives' investigating grim cold cases from home- from serial killer victims to mystery 'tent girl', The Sun, June 1, 2020.
Roger Ebert, 'Dark' keeps its head above water, www.rogerebertreviews.com, July 7, 2005.
Shannon Raphael, Poet of Death: The Twisted Case of Jack Unterweger, the Vienna Strangler, TheLineUp.com, August 16, 2018.
Sue Colletta, Jack Unterwagger: Crime Writer Turned Serial Killer, May 2017.
Taysha Murtaugh, The Creepy History of Los Angeles' Cecil Hotel, Country Living, October 17, 2017.
Terri Schlischenmeyer, Book Review: Gone at Midnight, the Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam by Jake Anderson, KeizerTimes.com, March 30, 2020.
William M. Welch, Elisa Lam's death ruled accidental, USA Today, June 20, 2013.
Episode 18 - Gone at Midnight, Mysterious case of Elisa Lam- Canadian Nanaimo Bars Recipe by Martha J Paul
Episode 18: Canadian Nanaimo Bars Recipe by Martha J Paull
1/2 cup butter
¼ cup white sugar
5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg beaten
1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup flaked coconut
½ cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
½ cup softened butter
3 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp vanilla pudding
1 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 (1 oz) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 tsp butter
1) In double boiler, combine ½ cup butter, sugar, cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in the egg until thick, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds (if you want). Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8 X 8 pan.
2) For middle layer, cream together ½ cup butter, heavy cream, vanilla pudding until light and fluffy. Mix in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.
3) While 2nd layer is chilling, melt the semi-sweet chocolates and 2 tsp butter together in microwave or over low heart. Spread over chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.
4) OMG SO GOOD! Thank you Martha J Paul at allrecipes.com!
Friday, July 10, 2020
Epi. 17: Finding Kristyn Sue Richerson: Video of Sherri Wright speaking with Carl Bryce about missing Kristyn Sue Richerson
Monday, June 15, 2020
Sources for Killing the Flower Moon by David Grann Episodes, Finding Kristyn Richerson 15, 16, and 17
6.3.0.Types of Non-Verbal Communication, myText.com, June 2020.
Abigail Hall, Muskogee Police and Members of other state agencies spent Friday investigating a missing persons case, Muskogee Phoenix, July 21, 2018.
Abraham, Smith, & Waldsmith, Traumatic Brain Injuries, www.aswllp.com, 2020.
Ashley Wheeler, Loved Ones search for missing Muskogee woman, WJRH News.com, Sept. 18, 2018.
Chesley Oxendine, Charges Filed in Missing Woman Case, Muskogee Phoenix, July 23, 2018.
Chesley Oxendine, Charges filed in ongoing search for missing woman, July 23, 2018.
Chesley Oxendine, Search Warrant executed on county property, Muskogee Phoenix, Nov. 25, 2018.
Chesley Oxendine, A year later, Richerson questions remain, Muskogee Phoenix, June 1, 2019.
Chesley Oxendine, Cold Cases often reopened by new evidence, Muskogee Phoenix, Jan 11, 2020
Chesley Oxendine, Search continues for woman missing 2 years, Muskogee Phoenix, May 23, 2020.
Danielle Polage, The Effect of Telling Lies on Belief in the Truth, NCBI.com, Nov 30, 2017.
David, Grann, Killing the Flower Moon, the Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, Double Day Publishing, New York, New York, 2017.
Global Study on Homicide-Understanding Homicides, UN Office on Drugs and Crime. Vienna, Austria, 2019.
Holly Baker, Wojapi: An American Indian berry sauce served at #Tocabe, A Baker's House, December 16, 2015.
Janet Cromer, RN, After Brain Injury, the Dark Side of Personality Change, Psychology Today, March 9, 2012.
Kristyn Sue Richerson, Missing and Presumed Dead in Oklahoma in 2018. Justice for Native American Women, July 31, 2018, Mak.
Leif M. Wright, Muskosgee men jailed as witness in murder charge, released, but stolen truck found, Muskogee Now, July 23, 2018.
Morgan Wright, Video Recording of Sherri Wright and Carl Bryce- 1322 Houston Street, Muskogee, Oklahoma, June 2018. (used with permission)
Muscogee Creek Nation Statement regarding the US Supreme Court decision, July 9, 2020.
Presidential Task for on Missing and Murdered American Indian and Alaska Natives
Announces Tribal Consultations and Listening Sessions, Dep't of Justice, March 2, 20202.
Rick Maranon, Standoff ends in Muskogee, Fox23.com, July 20, 2018.
State of Oklahoma vs Cody Ray Campbell, Possession of a Stolen Vehicle (Felony), Muskogee, Oklahoma, July 24, 2018.
Friday, June 5, 2020
- has moved from one facility to another
- is associated with several incidents at different institutions
- has been involved with other criminal activities
- is secretive or has a difficult time with personal relationships
- has a history of mental instability or periodic depression
- is in possession of suspected substances in his or her home locker or personal effects
- is found to have lied about personal information credentials or falsified reports
- seems inordinately enthused about his or her skills and likes to arrive early or staying late for
- a shift
- has a history of disciplinary problems
- likes to talk about death with colleagues or shows odd behavior related to death excitement/ownership
- undue curiosity, strange death related fantasies
- has a higher incidence of code Blues or deaths in his or her shift
- has made inconsistent statements when asked about incidences
- seems to crave attention- the nurse, not the patient!
- likes to predict when someone will die
- makes odd comments or jokes about killing patients or being jinxed
- tries to prevent others from checking on patience
- keeps to him or herself and prefers shifts were fewer colleagues and supervisors are
- around usually the night shift
- appears to have a personality disorder, we’ve all met some of these-- just take note;
- has a substance abuse problem
- hangs around during the immediate death investigation