½ cup butter- Not Margarine!
1 box yellow cake mix (18 oz) (a gluten free cake mix works fine too!)
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, cut in quarters
½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
1. Grease or spray with Pam 1 9X13 baking pan, a deep one because the cake will rise.
2. Melt butter.
3. Empty cake mix into large bowl, adding the melted butter and ONE EGG (not all 3). Mix. This will be the consistency of sticky dough.
4.Press mixture into pan using a spatula or clean fingers.
5. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, almond or vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 eggs. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed until batter is smooth.
6. Pour evenly over the cake in pan.
7. Place on a cookie sheet just in case the baking cake spills over- saving you a mess!
8. Bake at 350 30-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. You do have to watch these last few minutes. There will be a papery thin sugar crust on top of the cake.
9. Let the cake cool COMPLETELY or it will be tough to cut. It may look like it’s sunken when cooled- this is normal. You can refrigerate but cooling on the counter is fine.
10. Dust with confectioners’ sugar on top! Cut into bars. Cake will be gooey, it should be. Do not overcook! EAT!