WOJAPI, A NATIVE-AMERICAN BERRY SAUCE
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cups frozen sour cherries
1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
2 Tablespoons honey
INSTRUCTIONS- Makes 1 pint
1. Place the frozen (or fresh) berries in a crock pot (slow cooker).
2. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring after each hour.
3. Puree half of the berry mixture with a handheld blender. I like to retain the second half "as-is" to keep the texture of some of the berries.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of honey (or other sweetener of your choice). Stir gently to combine.
5. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
NOTES: Experiment with fresh or frozen berries. Mix up the ratios too (more cranberries and less cherries for example).
YIELD SERVING SIZE:
32 (1 pint) 1 tablespoon
Post a Comment