Colorado Style Green Chile Recipe
by Ruth Grindeland
Unsolved: The JonBenet Ramsey Murder 25 Years Later
1 medium white onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup green chiles diced
2 - 14.5 oz canned fire-roasted tomatoes
3 cups broth (vegetable, chicken, or pork)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
3 Tbsp butter (or vegan butter)
3 Tbsp flour
1 - 2 pinch sugar (optional)
Stove Top Instructions
1. Dice onion and jalapeno. Mince garlic. Measure green chiles (dice if needed)
2. Heat olive oil in the bottom of the pot or pan, saute the onions for 2 - 3 minutes. Add jalapeno and garlic, saute for two more minutes. Add jalapeno, green chile, and cumin and oregano), saute for an additional two minutes. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, stir well, and bring to a boil.
3. Add 3 cups of broth,
4. Melt the butter in a small saute pan, once melted add in the flour, and whisk in flour until smooth. Allow the flour to bubble and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add roux to green chile mix and stir to fully incorporate into chile.
5. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 2 -3 hours stirring as needed to avoid burning.
Crock Pot Instructions
Complete steps 1-3 from stove top directions.
4. Turn crockpot on low for 4 hours cooking time or high for 2 hours cooking time. Pour broth and fire-roasted tomatoes into the crockpot. Add the sauteed onions, jalapeno, cumin, garlic, green chile, and spices to the crockpot.
5. Melt the butter in a small saute pan, once melted add in the flour, and whisk in flour until smooth (this is the roux). Allow the flour to bubble and cook for two minutes or until golden brown. Add roux to green chile in the crockpot and stir to fully incorporate into chile. 3 tablespoons butter (or vegan butter),3 tablespoons flour
Serving as a stew, dip with Fritos chips, over tortillas.
Thank you Sinful Kitchen’s Ruth Grindeland!
Visit www.sinfulkitchen.com for more amazing recipes!
🎧LISTEN TO THE MURDER SHELF BOOK CLUB PODCAST!
Rebel Merlot by Jen Pfieffer 2019 by Naked Wines.
Post a Comment