Mushroom & Herb Pizza Appetizer
1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
1 ½ Cups sliced mixed mushrooms (baby bella aka cremini, button, shiitake, and oyster)
1 Tbsp each finely chopped fresh thyme and oregano, plus more sprigs for topping
¼ tsp plus 1 pinch salt kosher salt, divided
1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
¾ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 to 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel (flat pizza handle thingy)
the pizza dough of your choice. (I used store bought!)
2. Preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven.
3. Clean mushrooms, then slice them. In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil to medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, chopped herbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are tender, reduce the heat to low, add lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
4. Dust a pizza peel (or rimless baking sheet) with cornmeal or semolina flour). Stretch the dough into a circle; Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel/baking sheet.
5. Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the crust. Then top with the mozzarella cheese in an even layer, then cooked mushrooms, and crumbles of goat cheese. Garnish with the chopped chives and additional thyme sprigs. Sprinkle with 1 pinch salt.
6. Use pizza peel to put in oven. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
Nakedwines.com - F. Stephen Millier Obsession 2018
Post a Comment